Did you Know? Jobs and Job Prospects:
- News is good for finding jobs for 2016 graduates – According to a recent article in US News and World Report, “ graduates are still expected to hit one of the strongest job markets that they’ve seen in the aftermath of the Great Recession.”
- This builds on a good job market for the class of 2015 – according to the Saint Mary’s University First Destination Survey, nearly 2/3 of respondents reported working full time or part-time within the first 6 months to a year after graduation. Almost one-third of our graduating respondents enrolled in graduate school or professional programs, while a small portion were either serving in the military, engaging in a year of volunteer service, or still looking for work. (For more information on the Class of 2015 First Destination Survey, go to: http://csi.saintmarys.community/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2015/10/2015-First-Destination-Report_FINAL.pdf
- 70% of the Class of 2015 reported earning between $30,000 and $50,000
- 3 out of 4 jobs are found through networking
- There are many resources on the Career Services & internships website, including job boards, resume assistance, internship information, etc. For more information, refer to the Virtual Tour section of this newsletter.
- The Career Services & Internships Office provides a wide variety of services to students of all grades and majors to assist them in preparing for and finding the right opportunity for them. To set up an individual appointment, follow, this goo.gl link: – goo.gl/wg0vDe